Pennsylvania State Safety Inspection, Emissions Inspection Classes
This course is a 4-day /4-hour class and you are required to attend EVERY class to receive certification. Students must have a valid driver’s license. People wanting a motorcycle inspection license MUST have a motorcycle driver’s license but those wishing to inspect CDL vehicles do not need a CDL license.
- Safety Inspection Category 1 Auto $200
- Safety Inspection Category 2 Motorcycles $180
- Safety Inspection Category 3 Trucks $210
- Safety Inspection Category 4 Enhanced $50
- Safety Inspection Category 1 and 2 $250
- Safety Inspection Category 1 and 3 $265
- Safety Inspection Category 2 and 3 $245
- Safety Inspection Category 1, 2 and 3 $300
This course is a 2-day / 4-hour class. This registration consists of two steps:
1. You must register for the class at Rosedale Tech. Once the class is full and a roster is created you will be notified via e-mail. (Class rosters are created on Fridays.)
2. After receiving the e-mail, please to go PATrainingPortal.com to register and purchase the test and training materials. This must be completed before the start of the class. You will need the login and password in order to access the information during class.
After receiving the confirmation email, you must register and purchase the study material and test before the first day of class at: PATrainingPortal.com
You will need the login and password information to access the material during class. You must review/study the material provided by the state to pass the test.
- Cost Paid Seperately
- Materials & Testing $39.99
Paid at PATrainingportal.com
- Class $175
*If the requested class is full, you will be added to the next available class and notified via email.
All classes are from 4:00 to 8:00 PM
State Safety Inspection
March 20, 22, 27, 29 (FULL)
April 4, 6, 10, 12 (FULL)
April 17, 19, 24, 26 (FULL)
May 1, 3, 8, 10
May 15, 17, 22, 24
March 27 & 29 (FULL)
April 18 & 20 (FULL)
April 24 & 26
May 8 & 10
May 22, 24
Things You Need to Know Before Your Register
- A reminder e-mail will be sent the Friday before every class as well as any changes to the schedule or issues with the registration (Please make sure you enter the correct e-mail address)
- FOR EMISSIONS ONLY: You will receive a notification once the class roster is complete to alert you to purchase the material at PATrainingPortal.com
- Dress appropriately: Shirt with sleeves, long pants and no open toe shoes
- Class will start promptly at 4:00 p.m.
- It’s up to the instructor’s discretion to allow late arrivals
- Entry door will automatically lock at 4:15 p.m.
- No call/No show will need to pay a $100.00 fee in order to reschedule
- You will need to show proof of payment at check-in
Please Note: Dates may change or be canceled at any time. Those affected will be notified via email.
SAFETY AND EMISSIONS INSPECTION CERTIFICATION: FAST FACTS
Safety Inspection Classes are Four Hours Long, and They Run for Four Days
Emissions Inspection Classes are Four Hours Long, and They Run for Two Days
You are Required to Attend Every Class in order to receive either certification
Valid Drivers License
Students must have a Valid Drivers License
Valid Motorcycle License
Seeking a Motorcycle Inspection License must have a Motorcycle Drivers License
No CDL License Required
Seeking to be an Inspector of CDL Vehicles, do not need a CDL license