INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE AT ROSEDALE TECH
An education from Rosedale Technical College can create a pathway for an exciting career with a bright future. The following grant opportunities are available for those who qualify to help make their education journey more affordable.
The following grant opportunities are only eligible for use for students enrolled at Rosedale Technical College and cannot be used at another educational institution. If a student transfers before completing their courses at Rosedale Technical College, he/she will not be eligible for the remaining balance of grant funding. The amount of the eligible grant cannot exceed the value of the tuition after all financial aid grants or gifts are applied. Students must complete an application and meet the overall requirements of the specific grant to be eligible to receive grant funding.
Please speak with a representative from Rosedale Tech’s financial aid department for further questions.
Explore Our External Scholarships
SKILLSUSA GRANT PROGRAM
- Any SkillsUSA competition participant enrolling at Rosedale Tech is eligible for a $250 tool credit.
- The top 3 finishers are eligible for a $1,000 grant plus a $250 tool credit for the first semester.
- The top 3 finishers are eligible for a $2,500 grant plus a $250 tool credit for the first semester.
- The Top Finisher is eligible for a $10,000 grant plus a $250 tool credit for the first semester.
- The Second Place Finisher is eligible for an $8,000 grant plus a $250 tool credit for the first semester.
- The Third Place Finisher is eligible for a $6,000 grant plus a $250 tool credit for the first semester.
Tool credit will be issued after the successful completion of the first semester. The credit must be used all at one time and before graduation.
Additional requirements must be met to be eligible for the SkillsUSA grant program.
VOLUNTEER FIRE OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL GRANT
The purpose of this grant is to honor the students that volunteer their time to serve as Volunteer Firefighter or EMS staff for their local community.
- Grant Opportunity is $1,000 for a student that volunteers their time as a firefight or EMS Staffer
- Grant would be applied to tuition evenly over the 4 semesters of attending Rosedale Technical College and may not exceed $250 per semester.
- The Grant will be applied after the successful completion of the semester.
- For all programs less than 4 semesters the grant will be prorated for the length of the program.
WOMEN IN THE TRADES GRANT
Are you a female aspiring to train for a career in a nontraditional field? You may be eligible to receive funding from the Women in the Trades Grant.
- Women enrolling within the time horizon will be eligible for a $2,000 Grant paid over the 4 semesters required to complete the Degree program.
- Grant would be applied to tuition evenly over the 4 semesters in attendance at Rosedale Technical College and may not exceed $500 per semester.
- The candidate must have attended Rosedale Technical College’s Women in the Trades event or participated in a shadow day.
- Candidate must apply to Rosedale Tech by May 31, 2023, if in the Senior year of High School.
EAGLE SCOUT (BOY SCOUT)/GOLD AWARD (GIRL SCOUT GRANT
Scouts that have persevered through the rigorous conquest of earning the highest level of achievement for their Scouting program may be eligible to receive grant funding through this opportunity.
- Grant opportunity of $2,000 will be applied to tuition evenly over the 4 semesters of attending Rosedale Technical College and may not exceed $500 per semester.
- The Grant will be credited to the student’s account after successfully completing the semester.
EARLY APPLICATION GRANT (HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS)
High school students who enroll at Rosedale Tech by December 31 of their senior year are eligible to apply for The Early Application Grant.
- The grant opportunity is $500 for the first semester enrolled at Rosedale Tech.
- The candidate must be conditionally accepted to Rosedale Tech by December 31 of their senior year in high school.
KICKSTART GRANT (HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS)
High School seniors who apply and are accepted to Rosedale by March 31st may receive $250 towards their first-semester tuition.
Additional requirements may need to be met to qualify for the Kickstart grant.
CHANGING LANES PATHWAY GRANT (transfer STUDENTS)
Are you looking for a career in a non-traditional field? Are you currently or recently enrolled in a post-secondary college or university? You may be eligible to receive grant funding through the Changing Lanes Pathway Grant.
Individuals who attend a Transfer Day event and apply within the established time horizon may be eligible for up to $1,000 a semester.
Acceptance of transfer credits. Upon receipt of the official transcript, applicants will receive answers within 48 hours on the potential acceptance of credits for prior learning.
Personal advising sessions with the financial aid and education teams to help map out a personal pathway to graduation.
Assistance finding part-time work upon request while attending school. Jobs are not guaranteed.
Additional requirements must be met to qualify for the Changing Lanes Pathway grant program.
THE SCANNERDANNER FUND
Founded by Rosedale Tech instructor and YouTube sensation Paul Danner, The ScannerDanner Fund was established to provide supplemental funding for students who display the need for financial assistance while attending school.
The grant aligns perfectly with Rosedale Tech’s “student-centered approach” by alleviating some financial worries a student may have and allowing them to focus on their technical training. This grant is intended to assist with student meal plans, daycare expenses, transportation expenses (bus pass, gas), utility payments, etc.
Award amounts may vary based on overall financial need.
Students may anonymously nominate themselves or a classmate by contacting:
Rosedale Tech’s Senior Financial Aid Advisor, Rose Leipertz at firstname.lastname@example.org.